18.4.08

AKON IN "TROUBLE!"

YouTube has restored a video critical of hip-hop star Akon posted by columnist Michelle Malkin after Universal Music Group issued DMCA takedown notice to the video aggregation site.The saga began about a week and a half ago,when Malkin criticized verizon for its sponsorship of Akon after a video of the performer dry-humping a 15year old girl at a concert in Trinidas surfaced.
What Akon has to say about the incident that happened.
Quote: Posted by Akon
"First, and foremost,I want to sincerely apologize for the embarrassment and any pain I've caused to the young woman who joined me on-stage,her family and the Trinidad Community for the events at my concert in Port of Spain on April 12th.It was never my intention to embarrass or take advantage of my fans in anyway,especially those under the age of 18.That is why we tried to make sure that the club did not admit anyone under 18 in the audience.Somehow that standard was not met.Again,I apologise to those concerned and to all my fans and I pledge to all that we will strive to make sure this type of incident does not happen again"





No comments: